Patients in Richmond choose cosmetic dentistry procedures/surgery for various reasons, from repairing a defect to improving their overall appearance. Whatever the reason, the ultimate goal is to restore a beautiful smile.
Common cosmetic dental procedures can be performed to correct misshaped, discolored, chipped or missing teeth. We can also change the overall shape of teeth whether they are too long or too short, have gaps, or simply need to be reshaped to improve aesthetics or function.
For these and many other reasons, cosmetic dentistry has become a vital and important part of the care here at Steadman Family Dentistry.
Some of the more common procedures involve:
- Bonding - A procedure in which tooth-colored material is used to close gaps or change tooth color.
- Contouring and reshaping - A procedure that straightens crooked, chipped, cracked or overlapping teeth.
- All ceramic crowns -With newer ceramic materials, EMAX and Zirconia, entire mouths can be restored in beautiful, all-ceramic restorations. These materials have been proven stronger than previous porcelain fused to metal restorations, are more aesthetic, and have no risk of metal allergies.
- Veneers - A procedure in which ultra-thin porcelain coverings are placed over the front teeth. Veneers can change the color or shape of your teeth. For example, veneers have been used to correct unevenly spaced, crooked, chipped, oddly shaped or discolored teeth.
- Teeth Whitening and bleaching - As the term implies, whitening and bleaching are used to reverse the effects of aging and make teeth brighter and whiter.
Which techniques should be used to improve your smile? A dental exam will take many factors into consideration, including your overall oral health.